Monday, May 24, 2010

Dutch Oven Ribs
























I decided last week that I wanted to start dutch oven cooking. So I went to Smith and Edwards (awesome store) and got a Lodge brand dutch oven. On Friday night I cured/seasoned it, and then Saturday I got some boneless pork ribs, and tried it out. First I added oil in the bottom of my oven, then peppers and onions. I put the ribs on top and seasoned them with italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper. Cassidy was there to help with the coals, I wouldn't have been able to do that part without him, but now I know, I will be able do it next time. That will be the hardest part. They cooked for a little over an hour, and I drained the juice and added some bbq rib sauce and let it cook for 20 min or so. Such an easy recipe!! It was yummy! So tender! The kids went crazy and ate tons. They loved it I want to try a dessert next.... possibly peach cobbler....yum!

4 comments:

Samantha said...

Sounds good. I will have to get me a dutch oven.

Scott and Karin said...

I'm having flash backs! I love those! Do you remember that one youth conference when they tried to make dutch over ribs and they did NOT turn out well?

Fun Family Times said...

That looks yummy! Dutch oven is usually very tasty!

Kyle said...

Ok that looks professional. You are either a great photographer or chef...or both. I can almost smell it. You are an inspiration to us all.