Sunday, January 9, 2011

December 2010




















This year we decided to get the Christmas season started off early. We know how fast it comes and goes, so we wanted to enjoy it for as long as we could. We even decorated a little early this year, a few days before Thanksgiving. We went on a trip on the North Pole Express on the Heber Valley Railroad. We got cookies and hot chocolate and a visit from Mrs Calus and Santa. We also heard christmas stories and sang Christmas songs. The kids had a lot of fun. We rode the Front Runner downtown to temple square and rode the carriage ride around the temple, and saw the lights. There was a man playing the bagpipes. That really was what made me feel the Christmas spirit. It was amazing the feeling that was there. We went back another time with my siblings and the kids' cousins to look at the lights. If you ever go see the lights, go to the top floor of the Joseph Smith Memorial building. It's pretty cool looking down and seeing all the lights.

My Grandma passed away in December. I am so grateful for the many times this year that my family and I went to visit my Grandparents. We have lots of great memories and some fun pictures that we will cherish forever. The picture shown with my Grandma was taken in November when we went and raked leaves and played in them at my Grandparents house. It's something we've been doing since I was little, and something I hope to continue while my Grandpa is still with us.

Christmas came and Santa spoiled the kids. They loved everything! My favorite gift that Santa brought were some BROWN boy cowboy boots for my little Cowboy. Now he doesn't have to wear the girls pink boots. He even sleeps in his new cowboy boots. He is so funny. I gave in and let the girls ask for anything they wanted. And of course they wanted ipods (shuffles) and DS'. They did get some new LIV dolls and moxie dolls, zhu zhu pets, and my parents gave them some dolls. So they do still play with little girl things, which I am happy for. They aren't too big for babies and barbie dolls. hooray! Tanner got a really cool train table that he loves! Lots of new horses, and some Utah Utes things. The kids are loved that's for sure!!

I am excited for what this new year brings, I hope it's a great one!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute blog! Your kids are so cute! I'm glad you have a little cowboy too, it's so fun! When Bennett outgrows his Wranglers I'll have to pass them down to Tanner!

Fun Family Times said...

Very cute pictures!